With football season starting up, I've had "game-day" foods on my mind. I'm all about taking familiar comfort foods that everyone loves, & turning them Paleo-friendly. & That was the inspiration for this recipe!
Everyone loves pizza, right? Maybe some prefer certain toppings over others.. but pretty much everyone enjoys pizza. So switch up the "topping" ingredients to suite your taste buds~ and try out these Paleo Pizza Bites the next time you're in need of a healthy (yet crazy delicious) finger food. I went for the 'combination' flavor since that's my favorite, but I would recommend trying out pepperoni, meat lovers, or Hawaiian!
These little bite-sized snacks taste just like a bite of pizza, but are made from primarily meats & veggies (with just a little egg & coconut flour to bind them together). You would never believe the #1 ingredient is cauliflower!
I hope you try these out, and enjoy them as much as we did! I guarantee even the pickiest kid will love 'em :)
- 4 cups shredded cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp each: oregano, basil, salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cook the Italian sausage in a large skillet until crumbled and no longer pink.
- Transfer the sausage to a large mixing bowl, and mix in the remaining ingredients until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and scoop the mixture out using a tablespoon measure. (You might need to make two batches, depending on the size of your baking sheet.)
- Bake at 375ºF for 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned around the edges and firmed to the touch.
- Let cool, and enjoy! They taste just as good the next day, if not better :)