If you're in the market for a cool, creamy treat~ but you're not looking to add any dairy or sweeteners into your life... look no further! My ice cream bites are the perfect snack-sized answer to any dessert craving, and they're actually good for you.
Using just three simple ingredients, I blend up this creamy-smooth concoction in the food processor then freeze small scoops of it until they reach a thick, luscious texture that melts in your mouth.
The flavors pictured are "Raspberry Cream" and "Banana Cream", and they are absolutely amazing! The raspberry came out a bit more tart, while the banana tasted just like banana cream pie. Drool-worthy!
Don't let the name of these "ice cream bites" fool you though... I would still totally consider them a Whole30 compliant recipe! Ice cream was the best way I could describe them, but the ingredients are seriously squeaky clean, with fewer ingredients & less sugar than an RXBAR or Larabar~ both of which are Whole30 compliant.
So whip up a batch, and enjoy these little bites as a morning snack, afternoon bite, or creamy dessert. You can make either flavor I have listed here, or get creative with your own! Enjoy, and let me know what you think!
Makes 6 bites.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews*
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fruit of choice (pictured are raspberry and banana)
- food processor
- medium bowl
- cookie dough scoop
- parchment paper
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until super smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until firm.
- Scoop out the mixture onto parchment paper, using a cookie dough scoop. Freeze the bites for 1 hour, or until they feel solid to the touch.
- Let them sit out at room temperature for a couple of minutes, or eat them straight from the freezer~ just as you would ice cream!
- I use "cashew pieces" because they are less expensive & easier to blend.
- Store remaining bites in the freezer, if you have any left!