Since buying my first jar of coconut oil more than 5 years ago, I have found many, many ways to put it to good use.
I picked up my first jar at Trader Joe's after seeing an old YouTube video about its benefits as a hair treatment. It sounded like a trendy thing to do if you were trying to be super-healthy, so I hopped on that bandwagon.
One overnight hair treatment & a headful of soft and shiny hair later... & I was hooked.
|Pictured: Cinnamon Roll Freezer Fudge, Thai Coconut Curry Chicken, & Coconut Lip Scrub|
I have since found so many other ways to incorporate coconut oil into my life, and am never without a jar... or two! It has changed my hair, my skin, AND my cooking.
Here are 10 of my favorite uses:
- As a butter replacement in baked goods.
- As a lip scrub (see my 2-Ingredient Coconut Lip Scrub.)
- As a massage oil (so much cheaper than the fancy ones.)
- As a coffee mix-in for "bulletproof coffee".
- As an all-over body lotion.
- As a facial moisturizer (the only thing I will use on my sensitive skin when it's irritated.)
- As a makeup remover (mascara, eyeliner, foundation-- it takes it all off!)
- As a cooking fat for pan-frying & stir-frys.
- As a hair mask (warmed in your hands, distributed from roots to ends, then left on overnight.)
- As a cuticle treatment for longer, healthier nails.
I can't imagine anyone out there who couldn't find a use for coconut oil in their life. So, pick some up at your local grocery store or Whole Foods Market, or add a jar to your online cart!
Currently, Thrive Market is giving away a free 15 oz jar of Nutiva Coconut Oil to anyone who signs up for a Thrive Market membership. It's organic, unrefined, and non-GMO. The perfect way to give coconut oil a try for free, while joining in on the savings & convenience that Thrive Market offers its members.
The giveaway promotion ends Thursday, March 24 at 11:59 PST~ so head over soon! Click Here or on any of the Nutiva images in this post!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. & Don't forget to share your favorite coconut oil uses in the comments below! Talk to you soon,