I have SO many recipes written on a list in my "Notes" app, called "Ideas to Paleo-fy". I swear the list is never-ending.
This sauce has been one of those on the list that I knew just how I would make, & just how great it would taste... but for some reason I kept putting it off.
Now that it's here, and it's real, all I can think is: "Why did I wait this long!?"
This sauce is SO easy to make. I literally pulse the ingredients in a blender then heat it up. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
And the flavor.... is out of this world! It's sweet with a light heat, and is PERFECT on my Crispy Oven Fried Chicken. It would also taste amazing over shrimp, in an Asian stir-fry, or on some blackened salmon!
Let me know if you give this a try. I think you will love it! Did I mention that it's sweetener-free, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant?
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped*
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger*
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 to 3 tsp arrowroot starch/flour
- dash of red pepper flakes
- blender or food processor
- small saucepan
- Pulse all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth (I left mine with a few pieces of pineapple). Start with 1 tsp of arrowroot, adding more and pulsing again until you reach the level of thickness you like*.
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan, and simmer until warm.
- Serve over shrimp, crispy chicken, or in a stir fry!
- Use fresh or frozen pineapple (just thaw it first). You could also substitute 8 oz of canned crushed pineapple.
- Try substituting 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger for the dried ginger for extra flavor.
- I used 3 tsp of arrowroot starch, which gave me a thick almost glaze-like consistency. Start with less and add more as you go to see what you prefer!