I know I've been bugging you all lately on Instagram & Facebook with several requests for your feedback & input... I hope that's okay! I just truly value the opinions of each of you who are reading my blog.
Because as much as all of my recipes make me happy... I already have the recipes! So I want to make sure I'm putting out what you want to see, when you want to see it. So, by popular demand, the next recipe I have to share is this "Apple Berry Crumble".
It's the perfect way to get your "pie fix" without giving your stomach a pie fix... if you know what I mean. Like it tastes delicious and warm & bad for you just like a good pie should... but it's not. :)
I kept the filling simple with plain ol' apples & berries, then topped it with a quick & easy crumble topping that gives it that sweet pie crust vibe we all love.
I hope you enjoy this simple & delicious dessert as much as we have. Our first one lasted less than 24 hours (dessert & breakfast!) :D
For the filling~
- 3 medium-large apples, peeled and thinly sliced (I used "Pink Lady" apples)
- 1 heaping cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
For the topping~
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, butter, or ghee, softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- extra fat for greasing the dish
- mixing bowl
- 9 x 9" baking dish
- aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease your 9 x 9" baking dish with whatever fat you're using to prevent sticking.
- Peel & slice the apples, and toss them into the baking dish. Stir in a heaping cup of mixed berries.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over top of the filling, lightly pressing down into an even layer.
- Transfer to the oven, and bake for 20 minutes covered with foil. Remove the foil, and continue baking for 25-30 minutes, uncovered, until the top is lightly browned and apples are soft.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes & serve warm.