Here's another one-dish meal that I love. I know when some (aka me 2 years ago) think "curry", they think of a weird spicy dish that smells funky. But Thai curry is so much different~ I promise!
I first made Thai coconut curry when I had my boyfriend over for dinner when we had just started dating. I followed a recipe I found online and simplified it to my liking. & After realizing that "curry" could mean a blend of delicious, aromatic spices blended into a sauce with fresh meat and tender vegetables- with coconut milk- I was sold.
Please give this a try~ you will be amazed at the flavor! I know there's quite a few spices used, so I recommend making enough of the "curry powder" for one dish the first time you try it out. Then you can make larger batches in the future once you realize how much you love it! :)
Try serving it over cauliflower rice, or white rice if you don't have a grain-free diet. It's also great served over steamed green beans, kale, or other vegetables.
I hope you love it!
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, torn
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- For the curry seasoning:
- 1 tsp each: ground coriander, cumin, cinnamon, ground cloves, ground cardamom, sea salt, black pepper
- 1/2 tsp each: chili powder, turmeric, ground ginger
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium to medium high heat. Add the chicken, and sauté until lightly browned (does not need to be cooked through); about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Stir fry until the veggies are slightly softened; about 2 minutes.
- Add the spices. Stir fry until fragrant; about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, broccoli, and basil leaves. Stir & reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until broccoli is tender & bright green, and the sauce is a thickness you prefer.
P.S.~ Keep your eye out for a giveaway I have coming up this week, in honor of my blog's first birthday! It's going to be a good one!!