A few weeks back, my dad brought home a giant flat of local strawberries~ and I got to work being creative! The first recipe I shared was for Strawberry Shortcake Muffins (see that recipe here). I promised that I would be back with another simple strawberry recipe, and here I am!
Today I want to share my really super simple recipe for strawberry jam. When I say simple- I mean simple. I promise it could not be easier... it's done in the microwave, cooked for just five minutes, and requires no strange ingredients or slaving over a stove!
This jam can be used in so many different ways. Spread it over your favorite Paleo-friendly biscuit or bread, put it on top of Three-Ingredient Pancakes (recipe here), or spoon it over sliced bananas with some shredded coconut. The options are endless!
Let me know if you give this a try! Hope you love it as much as I do :)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Place the chopped strawberries in a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the honey & lemon juice, and mash-mash-mash until combined and a desired texture.
- Heat in the microwave for an additional 3 minutes, then transfer to a jar.
- Refrigerate until cooled, and serve!
*Store your jam in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator.
Stay happy & healthy,