I went to Trader Joe's! :) And now I'm here to share what I picked up~ all Whole30 friendly (which can get tricky).
Before heading off to the store, I write a list organized according to the sections of the grocery store. Nerdy? Maybe... but it makes my trip much more efficient. I try to think about each meal of the day + snacks, and what I can easily prep into meals to keep ready-to-go in the fridge.
I'm back in full swing of my crazy schedule for my last semester of grad school... finishing off strong with a full time internship during the day, followed by night classes & a 45-minute commute each way. Surprisingly, completing a Whole30 & staying on track with my eating habits has become very easy- even while constantly on the go. I've found that by choosing the right items at the grocery store, I can have quick tasty meals that are convenient for grab & go during my hectic week.
Hope this gives you some ideas & that you find it helpful! Let me know if you would like recipes for anything :)
- Organic Free-Range Chicken Thighs~ I bake these with a ton of spices & ghee (clarified butter), then eat on my salads for lunch.
- Garlic Herb Chicken Sausage~ One of the few sausages at Trader Joe's with no added sugar or bad stuff; therefore Whole30 friendly. Great with breakfast or dipped in spicy brown mustard.
- Ground Turkey~ I switch off between this & ground beef so I don't get burnt out on either one. I used this in my crockpot chili & also like it for meatballs/meatloaf, veggie-loaded turkey burgers, & meat sauce!
- Cruciferous Crunch~ This is a blend of shredded broccoli, kale, red cabbage, & brussels sprouts. I like it sautéed with garlic as a side dish or mixed in with salad greens for crunch.
- Broccoli Slaw~ A mix of shredded broccoli & carrots perfect for adding flavor & vitamins to your salads.
- Romaine Salad~ My third mix-in for the perfect salad greens :)
- Mini Heirloom Tomatoes~ Super sweet & delicious! I like them on my salads & as a snack.
- Persian Cucumbers~ Another great snack/salad topper... crunchy & refreshing :)
- Sweet Potatoes~ Can't live without. I microwave mine, then top with coconut oil, cinnamon, & a pinch of sea salt... tastes like dessert!
- Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries~ I cut up the strawberries, then washed & dried these. I keep them stored in a large bowl & eat a serving each morning with my breakfast. Delicious! Great for dessert too.
- Bananas~ I buy mine perfectly ripe, then slice & freeze right away. Great to have on hand for snacking, mashing, blending, etc.
- Lemons~ These are my "condiment" of choice. I use lemons to dress my salads & seafood, and love them sliced in water or tea.
- Roasted Plantain Chips~ These were my treat for the week :) The ingredients are plantains, sunflower oil, & sea salt (not bad!) & they have a savory flavor (unlike banana chips). Would be great with guacamole!
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce~ Do yourself a favor & skip the cups... the straight up jarred sauce tastes the best!
- Larabars~ The best snack ever. I got Cherry Pie, Apple Pie, & Cashew Cookie (their flavor selection is sad).
- Organic Diced Tomatoes & Tomato Sauce~ Picked these up for my "All-American Crockpot Chili".. dinner done for the week!
- Light Coconut Milk~ This goes into a mason jar in the fridge & is my go-to coffee creamer.
Let me know if you pick any of these items up! Also, if you're in the market for a new body lotion... Trader Joe's brand "Midsummer Night's Cream" is an amazing unscented lotion with good ingredients! Give it a try!