I know turkey comes with a negative connotation sometimes; many people hear turkey & think "dry, flavorless, health food, diet, etc."... not fun words. These turkey burgers will change your mind! I stuff them with tons of veggies for nutrients, egg whites for moisture, and extra spices for big flavor. No need for a bun either~ I throw these guys on top of a salad, or just eat them on their own with a fork & knife (and homemade sweet potato fries! :D).
These are really simple to make & can easily be stored in the refrigerator for a quick protein option during the week. Plus, they are juicy & delicious! Hope you enjoy :)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2/3 cup mushrooms, sliced and chopped
- handful of spinach, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except salt & pepper).
- Divide the mixture & shape into 4 equally sized patties. I pinch with my fingers to make mine a little thinner in the middle (helps keep them from getting too round when they cook). Sprinkle each side with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat, and coat with cooking oil of your choice (I like avocado oil). Add all four patties to the skillet and cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip the burgers, and continue cooking for 4 minutes.