Sometimes we all just need a little dessert. Long day, special occasion, sweet-tooth moment; whatever the reason may be. This is what I turn to when I’m craving a little guilt-free (seriously!) indulgence. It’s full of clean & simple ingredients, and just tastes amazing. Sweet, warm, chocolate cake goodness with rich coffee flavor, all in your favorite mug & ready in less than five minutes…. what?!
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp ground coffee (use decaf for nighttime!)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- dash of salt
- optional: frozen organic mixed berries, chocolate chips (mine are from the brand "Enjoy Life" & are dairy, nut, & soy-free; you could also use dark chocolate)
- Combine all wet ingredients (egg, honey or maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil) in your favorite mug.
- Add the dry ingredients (cocoa powder, almond flour, ground coffee, salt) and mix well.
- Stir in a small handful of frozen berries & a tablespoon of chocolate chips if you're using them.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- Let it cool a bit, & enjoy!
It's super moist, not overly sweet, & always hits the spot. I whipped up three of these babies (one plain chocolate) for a healthy celebration on my brother's birthday & everyone loved 'em. Let me know if you try it out, and if you would like to see some other flavors!