A light, tender protein that cooks in 5 minutes or less?! It may sound too good to be true, but these scallops are the real deal!
I love how they taste so light & summery over a giant fresh salad- yet can fill you right up on a chilly night, served over creamy Butternut Squash Cauliflower Risotto or with spaghetti squash in my Creamy Lemon Garlic "Pasta" with Scallops.
Scallops are a tricky protein- they're easy to overcook. The best way to foolproof, perfectly seared scallops every time? Keep it simple.
Dry them thoroughly, dust with a little flour (I used coconut flour) to absorb any extra moisture, and season with S & P. They sear up to a perfect golden brown so quickly, you're best off cooking these babies as the last step before dinner.
Enjoy this quick & easy method for seared scallops, and let me know in the comments how you serve yours up!
- 1 lb jumbo scallops
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or ghee (enough to lightly coat the bottom of your pan)
- 2 tsp coconut flour, for light dusting
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels, absorbing as much moisture as you can.
- Add the oil or ghee to a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet, heated to medium high.
- Lightly dust the tops of the scallops with coconut flour. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the scallops to the pan, seasoned side down, making sure they don't touch. Season the other side with salt & pepper.
- Sear the scallops for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Serve hot!