If you couldn't tell, I'm a pizza fan. I make that fit with my lifestyle (with just the occasional slip) by making a fafillion variations of pizza-inspired Paleo stuff- some here on my blog:
- Chicken Bacon Pizza with Garlic Cream Sauce
- Pizza Meatloaf
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Pizza Meat Sauce Skillet
- Paleo Pizookie
- Paleo Pizza Bites
- Paleo Pizza Bake
The newest addition to my family of pizza recipes has got to be my favorite! It's a Paleo garlic bread (which is way easier to make than it sounds)- with all your favorite pizza "toppings" chopped up and mixed inside.
Bake it till golden brown, dip in your favorite pizza sauce or marinara, and you've got just what you need to make all of your Paleo-friendly pizza dreams come true!
I kept this version simple with sausage, onion, sun-dried tomato, red bell pepper, and chopped arugula- but I can't wait to give this a try "Meat Lovers" style with tons of chopped pepperoni & ham!
I hope you love this pizza creation as much as I do. You can serve it as an appetizer, snack on it during a football game, or make it a meal like we did! Enjoy!
For the Bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or ghee, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- extra melted butter or ghee, for greasing
For the Filling
- 2 links (6 oz) uncooked sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups total of your favorite "toppings", finely chopped: sun-dried tomatoes, red or green bell pepper, arugula, bacon, pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, pepperoncinis, ham, green onion, etc.
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning blend (or other dried herbs)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a 9 x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper for easy removal from the pan. Brush the parchment paper with melted butter (or use an oil spray) for an extra non-stick step.
- In a skillet over medium to medium high heat, cook the sausage and onion until the sausage is browned and broken into small pieces, and the onion is softened. Set this aside to cool while you work on the bread.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the remaining bread ingredients (melted butter, coconut flour, salt, honey, baking soda water), and stir until smooth. Mix in the cooled sausage & onions, and any other finely chopped "toppings". Stir in the garlic & herbs.
- Transfer the "dough" into the lined baking pan and smooth over the top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the bread is light golden brown on top, and a fork or toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve. Dip in your favorite pizza sauce or marinara. Enjoy!
- Leftovers are best stored in the refrigerator, then reheated to serve.