I'm going to keep things simple today: If you like egg rolls, but feel bad about yourself after eating a dozen of them, you're going to love this.
It's got all of the deliciousness found on the inside of an egg roll, but pan-fried in healthy fat & eaten straight out of the bowl. Because, who needs soy sauce & egg roll wrappers in their life, anyway?
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 lb fully cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried ginger
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (or cooking fat of choice)
- large skillet or wok
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet or wok. Sauté the onion and celery until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage & carrots, and continue to sauté for 7-8 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Stir in the spices, coconut aminos, and cooked shrimp, and continue to cook until fragrant & warmed through (another 2-3 minutes).
- Divide into bowls, and serve topped with Sriracha or extra coconut aminos. Enjoy!
P.S.-- Feel free to fancy this recipe up. You can sub ground pork for the shrimp, add extra spices, toss in some green onions or bean sprouts, etc. I just tend to err on the side of simplicity. Use this as a guide!