Once I created my Paleo style Garlic Herb Bread, I knew my next bread recreation would be something sweet. And what better than "Cinnamon Raisin"!?
It's a nostalgic treat for me: toasted cinnamon raisin bread topped with softened butter... the perfect morning bite with your coffee, and a great breakfast companion with some crispy bacon & fluffy eggs. (drool...)
So, I took that same basic oven bread recipe with the egg and coconut flour base, and put a sweet spin on it. The results were absolutely perfect, and I could not wait to share!
I hope you enjoy this quick & easy Paleo bread as much as we did. Our loaf did not last long!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup raisins
- mixing bowl
- 9 x 5" loaf pan
- parchment paper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a 9 x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper for easy removal from the pan, if you're like me & have sticking anxiety.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the raisins, stirring until smooth. Stir in the raisins last.
- Pour the bread "dough" or batter into the lined baking pan and smooth over the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the bread is light golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread sit for 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve. (Leftovers are best stored in the refrigerator.)