After posting my Whole30 Guide to Chipotle, I felt
addicted inspired to continue with the food researching, because... it's fun! & Actually a little disturbing, since there are several ENTIRE restaurants that are non-compliant on a Whole30... like even a chicken breast and romaine is off limits because there are so many additives. Scary!
Anyway, I decided to dig through the Starbucks menu & come up with another list of "YES" & "NO" items for your Whole30. Everyone has a Starbucks, and I thought it would be nice to know what you can grab if you're on the road or out to coffee with a friend while doing your Whole30.
Now, a few specifics...
Also, there's a lot of talk on Whole30 forums & Instagram about whether or not the passion tea is compliant... I recommend going straight to the Teavana website (who makes the passion tea currently used by Starbucks), linked below, and checking the ingredients for yourself. :)
& Again, I'm leaving out the obvious "NO" items such as cake pops, breakfast sandwiches, bistro boxes, baked goods, etc. The list below is for the not-so-obvious items that you may have wondered about.
Hope this is helpful! & Please leave requests for more Whole30 Eats posts below (restaurant guides, recipes, tips, etc.)
drinks (hot or iced)
- Brewed coffee
- Unsweetened tea (black, green, some fruit teas: Teavana Passion Tango Tea was confirmed compliant by Melissa Hartwig of Whole30, see the website for more information!)
- "Evolution Fresh" bottled juices (not all varieties)
- Sweet Greens & Lemon
- Super Green
- Pineapple Coconut Water
- Defense Up
- Seasonal Harvest Fruit Blend
- Protein Bistro Box (ONLY the fruit/eggs)
- "That's It" Fruit Bars
- Banana (at the counter)
- "Peter Rabbit Organics" fruit snack pouches
- "Peeled" apple snacks
- Sweetened beverages (sweeteners, of course)
- Starbucks Coconut Milk (sugar, gums, corn derivatives, etc.)
- "Evolution Fresh" Organic Ginger Limeade (cane sugar)
- "Egg" or Meats from breakfast sandwiches (even without the bread, they contain other ingredients like whey, dextrose, etc.)
- "Squirrel Brand" roasted almonds (soybean oil)