Back with another Larabar flavor... & I think this one's my favorite so far!
Up until now, I've recreated two of Larabar's original flavors: Lemon Bar & Coconut Cream Pie. This time around, I decided to get creative & make my own new flavor. Instead of sticking to Larabar's strictly raw ingredient list, I thought it would be fun to try toasting the cashews used in this bar for more of a "baked good" flavor.
Well, it gave me just that... & I swear these bars taste just like a cookie! No picture can explain to you the warm, slightly cinnamon-y goodness you will taste with each bite of one of these bars. They are amazing!
Make these into whatever shape/size you like... small bars, large bars, bite-sized balls, etc. They make the perfect on-the-go snack & are great for fighting off a sweet tooth. :)
- 1 cup (about 12) pitted dates (I use Medjool dates found at Whole Foods or Costco)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes if they're feeling dry. (Optional. You could always just add a Tbsp of water to the mixture at the end if needed.)
- On the stovetop, toast the cashews in a pan over medium heat. Move them around constantly so they don't burn, but look lightly browned.
- Place the dates in a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Add the cashews, cinnamon, and coconut oil, and pulse until the cashews are in small pieces.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic bag, and refrigerate for 20 minutes or more to firm it up.
- Remove from the fridge and shape them as you'd like (slice into bars, roll into bites, etc.).
*Makes 6 Larabar-sized bars.