So the photography on this recipe is not the greatest (I took the picture with my iPhone). BUT- I could not resist a quick picture so that I could share these pork chops with you guys!
The recipe is similar to my Perfect Pork Chops post, which has become pretty popular here on my blog. This one adds a burst of flavor by glazing the meat before it's popped into the oven.
I love the taste of honey mustard, but am often disappointed with the extra sweeteners and additives in prepackaged bottles. So, I mixed up my favorite simple Dijon mustard from Whole Foods' 365 Organic brand with pure honey I had on hand, and created my own perfectly sweetened glaze.
The addition of Italian seasoning, garlic, and a little salt & pepper just ups the flavor of the glaze, and perfectly compliments the light sweet notes of the pork.
Whether you're a pork fan or not, pick up some pork chops next time you're out- and give this recipe a try! It has become a huge favorite for me.
I hope you love it!
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey (omit for Whole30)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- cooking fat of choice
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, honey, and spices.
- Heat your cooking fat of choice (I like avocado oil) in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Add the pork chops, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side to sear the meat.
- Transfer the pork chops to a baking dish lined with foil, and brush each piece of meat with the honey Dijon mixture.
- Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.