Since posting my Homemade Coconut Cream Pie Larabars recipe almost a year ago, I have been meaning to share some of my other favorite flavors. Larabars are so easy to make at home, and will definitely save you some bucks!
The "Lemon Bar" flavor is one of my favorites. It's the perfect balance of lemony & sweet, and the nuts give the flavor of a crunchy crust. I decided to film a video to show you just how simple they are to make :) Let me know if there are any other Larabar flavors you would like me to recreate, or if there are new flavors you've thought of! I have a "Cinnamon Raisin Bread" flavor that's been on my list to post too....
I hope you enjoy these, and find the video helpful!
Click here to see the video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/DJM4nSAE2Ys
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp warm water (if your dates seem dry)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional, for extra lemon flavor)
- dash of sea salt
- Place the dates and warm water (if necessary) in a food processor, and pulse until they form a doughy paste.
- Add the nuts, and pulse until they are broken into small pieces. Use a rubber spatula or spoon to break up the mixture if it clumps together.
- Add the lemon juice & sea salt, and give it a final pulse to mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a large Ziploc bag, and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll the mixture out on a cutting board and shape as desired. Try rolling into bite-sized balls or slicing into rectangle bars. Cookie cutters are fun too!
- Wrap in plastic wrap & store in the fridge :)