Happy 4th of July everyone!!! I thought I would stop by & wish you all a happy & safe holiday weekend, and share a few things with you guys. I took a few pictures throughout my day yesterday, and also have a quick & easy recipe to share for my fruit pizza. It's not a Paleo recipe, but is a delicious treat with lots of yummy berries~ so it's worth the cheat!
This was the first holiday my boyfriend (Dathan) & I spent together in our new town, and I loved it! It's so family-oriented and festive here, and I love that there's always so much to do. This year was my favorite 4th of July yet :)
Dathan had to work during the day, and I had lots of errands to run- so we both stayed busy until later in the afternoon. I made not one, but two fruit pizzas; one for us (mostly him), & one to bring over to his parents' house for them to enjoy! Dathan's dad unfortunately had to work & couldn't go out to celebrate- so we brought a little 4th of July to them :)
When we stopped by, we got to visit with Dathan's mom & check out the new baby kittens that were born in their backyard! They're not even two weeks old yet, and they just started opening up their eyes.
I tried to steal one, but unfortunately they squeaked too loud & their mom heard ;)
This little guy is so adorable- but probably the loudest squeaker of them all! But isn't he precious!?
We got home & mounted our TV in our new apartment (finally! yay!!!) & I made steak fajita salads for the two of us. So tasty!
Then we had a little wine, & got ready to walk to the local high school for some football field firework action. First, we tested out the timer on my new camera ;)
The weather was awesome, we found the perfect spot for our blanket on the grass, the fireworks were beautiful, & the company was even better!
Once we walked back home, it was fruit pizza time! Here's a picture of it in all it's Red, White, & Blue glory- complete with a strawberry star center ;) I had to capture its beauty before we dove in & destroyed it!
If you're interested, here's my recipe! Like most of my creations, I don't use an actual recipe- I just eyeball it & taste as I go... but here's a guide in case you want to try it out :) It's a crowd-pleaser for sure.
Jessie's Fruit Pizza
- 1 package sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese (the soft/spreadable kind in the tub is what I used this time- perfect!)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fruit of your choice! (I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, & blackberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Press the sugar cookie dough into a large non-stick pan (mine was a 12" circle pan) or a cookie sheet. Leave an inch or two around the edges, as it will grow when it bakes!
- Bake the cookie crust for about 15 minutes, or until it turns light golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the crust from the oven, & allow it to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, & vanilla until smooth (this is your frosting).
- Spread the frosting over the cooled crust in an even layer.
- Decorate with sliced fruits of your choice! It's fun to get creative... I even spelled out "Happy 27th" in blueberries once!
- Have fun & enjoy!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, & enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Thanks for stopping by,