They taste just like mini strawberry shortcakes, and would be great with breakfast or as a light dessert. My boyfriend came to visit, and I had these ready & cooled just in time for a snack when he got here. He definitely approved of these little babies... I don't want to throw out numbers, so let's just say he ate more than you can count on one hand ;)
My favorite part about these rich, moist, vanilla-laced muffins is that guilt is not one of the ingredients. They are Paleo-friendly, which means no gluten, grains, dairy, soy, or refined sugars. And they taste amazing. You should try them out! Let me know if you do, I would love to hear what you think!
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, heat the coconut oil and honey until melted. Add the remaining wet ingredients, including the strawberries, and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir until combined.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut spray, or line it with paper muffin cups (I give those a little spray too), & scoop the mixture in.
- Bake at 350ºF for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and slightly firm to the touch.
- Allow them to cool & enjoy!