Hi everyone! I thought I would stop by today & share a quick and easy recipe with you guys: my smoky-sweet grilled chicken breast. This is great as a main dish, but also makes great leftovers- perfect for all you "meal preppers" out there. Make up a big batch at the beginning of the week, and enjoy it over salad, tossed in soup, or stir-fried with a bunch of veggies.
The flavors here are the perfect blend of smoky and sweet, with a touch of heat from the cayenne pepper. I love how I can take this chicken in so many directions~ as it pairs well with so many different flavor profiles (Asian, Mexican, American, etc.). This crisp & flavor-packed grilled chicken would be amazing on a taco salad, stir fried with Asian veggies, or dipped in barbecue sauce. I served mine plain alongside broccoli mountain, and it was awesome.
However you choose to enjoy this recipe, I hope you love it! & Feel free to multiply the recipe :)
Just a tip: cutting the chicken breasts in half cuts the cooking time down (so no need to worry about a pink center), and gives you extra space to season with that tasty rub!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp of each: paprika, coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp of each: sea salt, pepper, garlic
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (if you like it a little spicy!)
- avocado oil
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half, so that you have two thinner pieces of meat.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with the spice blend, and pat it in to the meat. Flip them all over & repeat on the other side.
- Drizzle avocado oil onto a grill pan to coat. Bring the heat up to medium - medium high.
- Place the chicken breasts onto the hot pan, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip them all over & cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes (for a total cooking time of 8 to 10 minutes).
- Let the chicken rest on a plate for a minute to keep it juicy, then serve.