Macadamia nuts are full of nutrients that our bodies need. They are high in the healthy monounsaturated fats that, when consumed, enhance good cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease. They are also a good source of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber- pretty awesome as far as nuts go!
When combined with creamy coconut, sweet dates, smooth vanilla, and a touch of sea salt- you've got the perfect spoonful, that tastes just like a macadamia nut cookie. Serve it with a crisp green apple or a sliced banana, or eat it straight from the jar for a quick sweet tooth fix!
I hope you love it :)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (roasted, unsalted)
- 1/4 cup dates (pitted)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine the coconut and macadamia nuts in a food processor until it has a buttery consistency (about 1 minute).
- Add the dates, and blend until smooth.
- Then add honey, vanilla, and salt. Pulse until you have your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a jar or airtight container, and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator (for prolonged freshness).
Enjoy! & let me know if there are any other "Cookie Butter" flavors you think I should create!