I have since created a replacement that ticks all of the boxes: quick, delicious, and Paleo.
This is one of my favorite quick & easy meals. Perfect for a quick snack or lunch with no cooking necessary. Just grab a couple slices of your favorite deli meat (doesn't have to be ham), fill with some tasty ingredients, roll it all up, & eat!
No flavor is lost here, I promise. The avocado gives you a dose of healthy fats while helping it all stick together and adding a little creamy texture. The spinach will give you your green fix, and the bacon.... well, it's bacon. No further explanation needed ;) I use the fully cooked bacon from Trader Joe's, and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to crisp it up.
You've got to give this one a try- it's too easy. Let me know if you do, & if you have any other good "filling" ideas!
- 2 ham slices (or deli meat of your choice-- turkey, roast beef, pastrami, etc.)
- 1 slice of bacon, fully cooked
- handful of spinach
- sliced avocado
- Lay out the ham slices, with one overlapping the other by 1 to 2 inches.
- Place your fillings (spinach, bacon, avocado) in the center- where the ham slices overlap.
- Fold one side of the ham over, then continue rolling the ham until you have a wrap- with the fillings tucked inside.
- Enjoy with some fresh fruit, mixed nuts, or all on its own!