Today was actually not all that leisurely. I did a ton of driving, had coffee & breakfast while sitting in traffic, and ran out of snacks too soon. So, by the time I made it home for lunch, I was starving.
This salad was so quick & easy to toss together, I even had the patience & energy left to take a few pictures and write down my recipe to share with you guys! :) That's saying something-- because I was hungry.
The Mahi Mahi Burgers from Trader Joe's are one of my favorite protein options lately. They are super quick to cook up on the stovetop, and don't have a lot of unnecessary ingredients. The flavor is savory & delicious, and pairs so well with the big star of this salad: the dressing.
Whenever I'm craving an asian flare to my food, this is the dressing I whip up. It's incredibly simple, but tastes like it's from a restaurant. It reminds me of some of those citrus-y "peanut vinaigrettes" you see that are full of sugar and junk (yet so creamy & delicious).
This is my clean & simple version made with just a few ingredients, and perfect drizzled over a crisp, fresh salad. Paleo-friendly, and free of all the bad stuff. I hope you enjoy :)
- 1 Tbsp citrus juice (I used clementines, aka "Cuties")
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
*Makes one serving.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until throughly combined.
- Drizzle over salad, chicken, or fish.
For the Salad:
- Trader Joe's Mahi Mahi Burger, or protein of choice (grilled chicken, salmon, tilapia)
- Spinach leaves, baby carrots, sliced mushrooms, brussels sprouts, clementine, sliced raw almonds