I've been posting lots of protein recipes lately, so I figured I would switch things up a little... because every meat calls for a tasty veggie to go with it!
Broccoli has always been one of my favorites, but this oven roasted version takes broccoli to a whole new level! It gives it an amazing flavor, sure to impress even non-broccoli-lovers.
Oven roasting is a great way to add tons of flavor with little effort. The high heat gives a little caramelized crunch without cooking out all of the amazing nutrients (fiber, vitamin C, iron~ just to name a few!). You can use whatever spices you like, but I kept it simple with salt, pepper, & garlic.
Give it a try next time you need a quick & easy side dish, and enjoy!
- broccoli florets
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, & garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Spread the broccoli out in an even layer, & lightly coat with olive oil. *
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, & garlic powder over top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to brown & the broccoli is tender-crisp.
*I used a "Misto" brand sprayer that you fill with your own oil. If you don't have one, you could toss the broccoli in a large bowl or drizzle the oil over top~ you don't need much, just enough to coat.
I hope you guys love this one as much as I do! It has become a new go-to for me since it pairs well with so many different dishes. Let me know how you like it & if you have any requests for future recipes/posts here on the blog! I love hearing from you guys :)
Stay happy & healthy,