I was inspired to create this recipe after I had seen several on Pinterest for "no-bake cookie dough", but made mine to meet Paleo standards. These aren't full of sugar, flour or butter... instead they're packed with nuts, lightly sweetened with honey, and laced with chocolate. They're very Paleo-friendly, and free of dairy, gluten, soy, and processed sugar.
These would make a super fun dessert for any type of get-together, and are great little bite-sized snacks for a quick energy boost. Let me know if you try them out! You might even want to double the batch... they won't last long! ;)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp "Enjoy Life" chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- In a food processor or blender, grind the cashews until they become a flour-like consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, and combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into bite-sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator.
*Makes about 12 bite-sized balls, depending on how big your "bite" is!