This is my go-to look for work or school; when I want to look put together, but not overdone. It gives me that little confidence-boost while still looking professional.
It's also a great time saver for busy mornings... only takes a few minutes once you get the hang of it. :)
I don't want to think about my makeup throughout the day (especially when I'm working with kids & meeting with parents!) so I love knowing that this look will last me all day long without having to worry about touch-ups.
I feel like putting your no-makeup face on the internet is probably a no-no... but I couldn't help myself. I just think seeing the difference makes it so much better!
So, here it is... my little before & after. Goes to show you that a little makeup can go a long way! ;)
Products I used (in order of application):
- Cover Fx Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment: I put this on after my skincare & before my makeup. I cannot live without this stuff (dramatic, I know; but seriously...).
- Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: Keeps anything I put on my eyes from creasing. I've tried quite a few eye primers; this is the best!
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics in "Wheat": I swipe this over my lids as a skin-colored cream eyeshadow to get rid of any veins or discoloration. It's a 2-in-1... eyeshadow & primer.
- Clinique Airbrush Concealer in "Fair": I put this under my eyes & blend with my finger. I like using a lighter shade to brighten up the eye area & pretend like I got a ton of sleep the night before. :)
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder: I use this on a fluffy eyeshadow brush (E40 from Sigma Beauty) to set underneath my eyes & on my eyelids. This step is crucial for me to keep my makeup lasting all day.
- Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in "G40": This foundation takes next to no time to apply & can be built up for more coverage. I blend it in circular motions using my Bobbi Brown Face Brush. I love the color range from this line & the fact that this powder is free of lots of bad things (talc, mineral oil, parabens, sulfates, gluten... just to name a few).
- Laura Mercier Baked Bronzer in "Ritual": This particular shade was limited edition, but any bronzer will do. I use my Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush to dust this on the backs of my cheeks & across my nose and forehead. I then take a small eye blending brush (E25 from Sigma Beauty) & blend this in the crease on my eyes-- no real eyeshadow needed!
- Nars Blush in "Deep Throat": Rude name, I know, but this is a great natural color for everyday. I use my F40 brush by Sigma Beauty (the fluffy white one that's now turned pink) & lightly swirl this onto the tops of my cheeks.
- Chanel Precision Eyelash Curler: I have straight, almost-blonde lashes.... So I've gotta curl them if I want the world to know that they exist!
- Maybelline Volum' Express One-by-One Waterproof Mascara in "Blackest Black": Wow, longest name ever. This is the best I've ever used & it seems to get better & better the more you use it. It's not very dramatic, but it separates & lengthens my eyelashes just the way I want. I always go for waterproof so it will keep my lashes curled & won't smudge.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in "Medium Brown": I first use Anastasia's Mini Duo Angled Brush/Spooley to brush out my brows. Then I use the angled brush & the lighter color in the duo to tidy up the shape of my eyebrows & lightly fill them in. I never used to take this step, but it makes such a difference! Always choose a powder that's lighter and cooler than your hair color!
- Anastasia Brow Gel in "Clear": I brush this through my eyebrows to keep them from straying out of place. It lasts all day & never looks unnatural or feels crunchy.
- Sara Happ 'The Lip Slip One Luxe' Lip Gloss: This comes in a light pink shade that goes on really sheer & has just a hint of shimmer. It moisturizes like a balm, but gives the finish of a gloss. I have really pigmented lips naturally, so I like how this just bumps up the natural color without being too much for everyday wear.
- Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray: Last step to completely set my makeup in place & take away the powdery finish. I spray this a few times & let it dry. Any setting spray will do- just find one that suits your skin type. Urban Decay makes some popular ones as well!
Here's the "Before". Just washed my face & applied my skincare.
& Here's the "After". Nothing fancy, but it works!
I really hope you guys enjoyed this, & please don't be too harsh on my "no-makeup face"! ;) Leave comments below if you have any questions or would like to see any other makeup looks.. I would love to hear from you!