It requires no cooking at all & is so fresh and flavorful. If you don't have a rotisserie chicken on hand, feel free to substitute sautéd ground beef or grilled chicken breast. You can also wrap the taco filling in corn tortillas~ it's up to you! The leftover filling is perfect over romaine for a lunch salad the next day. Enjoy!
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp salsa (I use Trader Joe's Double Roasted Salsa)
- 1/4 cup mixed bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 4 romaine leaves (I used "baby" romaine)
- hot sauce, optional
- avocado, sliced
- Mix the chicken, salsa, bell peppers, & red onion in a small bowl (add hot sauce if you like it spicy).
- Fill the romaine leaves with the taco filling & garnish with sliced avocado & a squeeze of fresh lime.